Travel and Lodging Information for ASIC 2005
Travel to Brianšon
Brianšon (pop 11,300) is most accessible from the following airports: Grenoble: 1.5 hrs; Milan, Lyon, Marseille 2.5 hrs; and, it is approximately 2.5 Hrs from Stresa (Cog Sci) by car. Although Brianšon is served by both buses and trains, most attendees will want to rent a car. I encourage each of you to use a service like Mapquest to plan a route from your own starting points to Briancon. Generally speaking, the distance from Milan, or Malpensa airport, or Stresa, to Briancon is about 150 miles. The path from Milan involves major portions on E64-A4, E70-A32, Ss24, and N N94. The path from Stresa involves major portions on A26, A4, A32, Ss24, and N94. However this listing leaves out important details.
Lodging: Alpe Hotel Club
Avenue du Dauphine, 5100, Brianšon - Serre Chevalier, France
About 800m from the old fortress town, Vieille Ville, at 1026m.
Between Parc National des Ecrins (west) and Parc Naturel Regional du Queyras (south)
Teleferique nearby to Prorel - 2566m
- Rooms Feature: TV, Hair Dryer, Bath, Phone.
- Hotel Features: pool, fitness room, sauna, Turkish bath.
At this late date it is best to contact the hotel by phone or fax to make lodging reservations or changes , and to arrange payments. The conference coordinator at the hotel is assistant manager Jean Michel. Telephone: 33 4 92 200 200. When you hear the recorded mesage start, press 2. This will get to the front desk (sometimes the staff is out and won't answer, and you must try again later). Ask to speak to someone who speaks English (unless you speak French). Fax: 33 4 92 200 143.
The hotel under new ownership is still arranging new email service, and an email address is not currently available.
July 25, Mon to July 31, Sun (all 90 rooms reserved until Nov. 1. At that time I must give a firm estimate and release rooms, so please let me know if you are likely to come, and please book early.
- Double occupancy 52E/pers/night, half board, double room, or 312E/6 nights
- Single occupancy: 72E/ngt, or 432E per 6 nights
- They have some triples and quads as well.
- Children: 1st child (0-11 yrs) w 2 adults: free
- 2nd child (0-3 yrs) w two adults: free
- 2nd child (4-11 yrs) w 2 adults: -70% of adult rate
- 3rd person in room, any age > 11: -40%
- Buffet style; continental breakfast, and dinner included in above rates; drinks extra; vegetarian options included
- The Alpe Hotel has said they are able to provide meals to conference attendees who are not lodging at their hotel, according to the following prices: Breakfast: 8 euro/day; Dinner: 18 euro/day.
- Final banquet (deluxe buffet, plus wine, beer, drinks) part of registration fee, but extra persons pay a fee