Undergraduate Summer Research Scholarships
The Cognitive Science Program invites all undergraduate Cognitive Science majors to apply for a Cognitive Science Undergraduate Summer Research Scholarship.
Friday, March 28, 2014
- You must be an IUB undergraduate student with a declared major in Cognitive Science.
- You must be enrolled in at least 1 credit hour for summer session at IUB (this may be COG-Q 493, COGS-Q 495, or COGS-Q 499, or it may be course work in another department).
- Submit a letter of application describing the research activity for which you hope to receive monetary support. The letter should include your name, your IU university ID number, the name of your faculty sponsor, a description of your proposed summer research activity, the amount of money requested, and the justification for that amount.
- The application letter may be delivered to the Cognitive Science Academic Advisor in Eigenmann Hall 818 or sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Provide a copy of your application letter to your faculty sponsor and request that they submit a letter of support by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Awards:
Award recipients will be notified by e-mail and recognized at the Cognitive Science Program's annual awards ceremony.
After the summer research activity concludes, each student who received a scholarship must submit a written summary and evaluation of their experience. These reports will be due at the end of summer sessions.
Amount of Awards:
Award amounts will vary and a maximum award limit has been set at $1,000.
Previous Scholarship Awarded Research Activities:
- Facial adaptation recognition
- The effects of "think sheets" on memory retrieval and learning
- Visual strategy used in viewing optical illusions
- Eye tracking for visual expertise
- The exploratory behavior of the Norway rat, particularly how it is affected by elements in the environment
Please contact the Cognitive Science Undergraduate Academic Advisor at email@example.com
if you have questions or need further information.